POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : image_map problem :( : image_map problem :( Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  image_map problem :(
From: ?
Date: 19 May 2000 09:20:16
Message: <39253F8A.E878A83A@ardess.org>
Hello Guys,

I am currently trying to use Pov to make a virtual box, My troube comes
with the "image_map" functionality .
I'd like to map some GIF's on each face of that box, it works very fine
with the cover and the back of the object, but when I try to apply it
on the sides, the top and the bottom, It fails each time, I mean POV
tries to map the GIF's but it only takes a bit of it so Only a little
part of the GIF is displayed on the box, II defined my SCALE and
TRANSLATE in the same state of mind as for the cover and the back, but i
don't know why it does NOT work :(
Well, PLEASE, HAVE A LOOK AT MY SCRIPT BELOW, THANKS A LOT, I've been
reading the  the Manual for a bunch of days, I tried to find some
examples on the web, everything seems allright, but I am still at the
same situation.

I thought that you guys maybe encoutered that kinda trouble and prolly
know how to fix it,

Regards,

Here is a copy of my POV SOURCE :
:)
--------------------------------

#version 3.0
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

global_settings { assumed_gamma 2.2 }

camera {
   location  <80, 70,100>
   direction <0, 0,  -3.6>
   up        <0, 1,  0>
   right   <4/3, 0,  0>
   look_at   <0, 3, 0>
}

box {    <0,0,0>,      < 0,30,1>  pigment { White} }
box {    <0,0,0>,      < 60,0,1>  pigment { Green} }
box {    <0,0,0>,      < 0,1,60>  pigment { White} }

light_source {
<0, 0,100>
color White
shadowless
}

light_source {
<0, 0,-100>
color White
shadowless
}

light_source {
<0, 0,100>
color White
shadowless
}

light_source {
<100, 0,0>
color White
shadowless
}

light_source {
<100,180,0>
color White
shadowless
}

sky_sphere { pigment { White} }

union {

//THIS IS THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX
box {    <2,0,0>,      < 22,0,3.3>
   pigment {Yellow}  }   // socle
box {    <2, 24, 3.3>,      < 22,0,3.3>
   texture {

//THIS IS THE FACE OF THE BOX <--- This One WORKS FINE
pigment {
image_map {gif "../face.gif" }
scale <20,24,1> translate <2,0,2>
     } // fin pigment
} // fin texture

}

//THIS IS THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BOX  <--- Can't display the whole image,
only a bit is scaled
box {    <22,0,3.3>,      < 22,24,0>
 texture {
pigment {
image_map {gif "../cotedroit.gif" }
scale <22,24,-3.3> translate <20,0,1>
     } // pigment 's end
}
} // cote droit

//THIS IS THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BOX
box {    <2,0,0>,      <22,0,3.3 >
   pigment {Green}  }   // cote gauche

// THIS IS THE TOP OF THE BOX  <--- Can't display the whole image, only
a bit is scaled
box {    <2,24,3.3>,      < 22,24,0>
   pigment {
image_map {gif "../boite_haut.gif" }
scale <2,24,3.3> translate <0, 0, 1>
}}  // top

box {    <2,0,0>,      < 22,24,0>
   texture {
   pigment {
   image_map {gif "../boite_dos.gif" } <--- This one WORKS FINE
   scale <-20,24,0> translate <2,0,0>
     } //  pigment 's end
}  }  // Bottom

// rotate <300 ,-80 ,0>